[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46060: WSOD protection: admin notices not displaying on network admin screens for paused network activated plugins.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 24 22:23:51 UTC 2019

#46060: WSOD protection: admin notices not displaying on network admin screens for
paused network activated plugins.
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  pbiron                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbiron):

 Hey Andy, thanx for the patch.

 [[https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/46060/46060.2.diff|46060.2.diff]]
 does 2 things:

 1. moves the `add_action( 'network_admin_notices',
 'paused_plugins_notice', 5 );` from your patch up a few lines to group it
 with the other "Notices Hooks"
 2. has the link in the notice go to the network plugins screen when viewed
 from a network admin screen

 There is another thing I noticed when testing this patch that probably
 deserves its own ticket, but I'll mention it here:

 * if a network active plugin is paused and an admin goes to the plugins
 screen for one of the sites in the network (**not** the network plugins
 screen), the "Resume" link for the network paused plugin doesn't actually
 resume the plugin.  I'm too busy at the moment track down why.  My guess
 is either the "resume" logic should check whether the paused plugin is
 network active or not and act accordingly, or that link should go to the
 network plugins screen to resume the plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46060#comment:3>