[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44835: Add a hidden input for 'original_post_status' to the inline-edit rows so it's available on the $_POST in save_post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 21 22:49:01 UTC 2019

#44835: Add a hidden input for 'original_post_status' to the inline-edit rows so
it's available on the $_POST in save_post
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse                      |       Owner:
                                                 |  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch needs-refresh needs-
               testing
 * milestone:  5.1 => Future Release

Comment:

 Hi @jojotjebaby thanks for putting a patch forward for this.

 After testing I found an issue with the javascript update as it wasn't
 specific to the row being edited so when a change was made ALL rows were
 updated with the new original_post_status. We'll have to ensure it's
 specific to the row being edited.

 Also in one test I have a Draft and a Published post but both of their
 original_post_status hidden inputs on load were set to draft, and if I
 flipped them so publish was the first post then both end up with an
 original_post_status of publish. So it seems the first post in the loop
 will be used to set the original_post_status for all that follow.

 Are you able to investigate? As there's need of a refresh and 5.1 is being
 cut today I'm going to punt this to Future Release until a fix can be
 implemented and tested.

 Thank you

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44835#comment:11>