[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46052: Classic Editor lacks (previously working) ability to remember media preferences

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 21 18:25:17 UTC 2019

#46052: Classic Editor lacks (previously working) ability to remember media
preferences
 Reporter:  ordresser     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I seem to remember that before when you changed the settings for adding an
 image inside your post (set it to center, large, link to ‘media file’) it
 would have that set next time you set an image.

 However, now it seems that isn’t working, and instead every time I add an
 image it’s set to no alignment, no link to anything.

 Is this something caused by the lastest update? Is there a way to make
 WordPress remember my image preferences?

 Classic editor. A single image.

 I’ve also been doing galleries, and the same issue is there too, where it
 doesn’t remember I want 8 images and link to media file. But I’m more
 bothered by the single image thing. I’m not sure if WordPress ever
 remembered gallery preferences, but I’m pretty sure it did remember ‘add
 media’ settings for non-gallery media.

 https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-make-wordpress-remember-image-
 settings/#post-11108725