[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17698: Nav menu "Add to menu" buttons should be disabled if they're actually non-functional

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 19 10:52:10 UTC 2019

#17698: Nav menu "Add to menu" buttons should be disabled if they're actually non-
functional
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  mitchoyoshitaka  |       Owner:  koopersmith
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by afercia):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch
 * status:  reviewing => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 As noted in the [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2018/12/08/gutenberg-
 phase-2/ Gutenberg Phase 2 post], the wp-admin Menus screen will be
 reworked to use Blocks to build menus.

 Exploration is still ongoing but from the early mockups (see GitHub issue
 below) it's pretty clear the entire "Add to menu" section will be replaced
 with a sort of "Inserter", like in Gutenberg.

 Admin Menus screen:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/13206

 Navigation Block:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/1466

 As the user interface will drastically change, I'm going to close this
 ticket as "wontfix". Sorry for the lack of a more proper keyword (a
 "replaced by" keyword would be more appropriate). Thanks everyone for the
 explorations and patches here, please do feel free to reopen if I'm
 missing something.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17698#comment:16>