[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45889: Include personal information from within the user_meta table in data exports

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 9 20:33:05 UTC 2019

#45889: Include personal information from within the user_meta table in data
exports
 Reporter:  lakenh       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Privacy      |    Version:  5.0.2
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 #44161 raised some concerns about if we missed any personal data when the
 personal information export was released. Upon further investigation, the
 core-privacy team found multiple places in the user_meta table that still
 contains information that we should include in exports.

 The currently known ones are the following:
 - Session Tokens: Contains IP address and user agent
 - Community Events: Contains IP address

 The scope of this ticket isn't about removing/anonymizing this
 information, instead just including it within the current user export and
 erasure tools.