[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46361: WPMU - HTTP Request at root path with special character in query key name causes endless loop

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 27 15:38:42 UTC 2019

#46361: WPMU - HTTP Request at root path with special character in query key name
causes endless loop
 Reporter:  ranwar        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.1
 Severity:  critical      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Dear WP Team,

 I observe the following erroneous behavior running WPMU at the latest
 Version (5.1), but this behavior regards at least version 4.98.

 If I call a site from a WPMU instance without a context path but with a
 query key containing a sepcial character, the http-request ends in an
 endless loop.

 Affected are at least german umlaut and special characters like [öäüÖÄÜß],
 but charachters like [§] as well.

 **For instance www.pleaseuseyourdemowpmuinstance.com?äöüfoo**

 I'm quite sure that this is a WordPress bug, cause the http response has
 following header.

 **"x-redirect-by        WordPress"**

 So the redirect doesnt seem to be from any loadbalancer, cache server or
 webserver.

 I hope to have contributed a bit to your great work, thank your very much!

 Best Regards, Reza Anwar