[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46303: Create user_erasure_complete_email_subject to match user_erasure_complete_email_subject for privacy export emails

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 23 19:32:46 UTC 2019

#46303: Create user_erasure_complete_email_subject to match
user_erasure_complete_email_subject for privacy export emails
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch => needs-refresh

Comment:

 Thanks @thakkarhardik, greatly appreciate the patch, a good start here.
 I've got a few minor notes below for you.

 1. Attempting to apply the patch I'm greeted with error, and have to
 manually correct the path;
 {{{
 Running "patch:46303" (patch) task
 (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
 Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
 The text leading up to this was:
 --------------------------
 |Index: includes/file.php
 }}}
 This just means you created your patch from the wp-admin directory, please
 'ensure that you are in the root directory created by your SVN checkout'.
 Creating a Patch - https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/tutorials
 /working-with-patches/#creating-a-patch

 2. Comparing this to the `user_erasure_complete_email_subject` filter I
 really like the position (prior to the email content setup, and the use of
 $email_data to provide the filter with the request, user_email,
 privacy_policy_url and other useful data.
 Here's the snippet I'm speaking of -
 https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/5.1/wp-
 includes/user.php#L3156-L3189

 Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for the
 contribution.
 Cheers

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46303#comment:2>