[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and improve content navigation for assistive technology users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 23 08:20:25 UTC 2019

#47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and
improve content navigation for assistive technology users
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
  design-feedback                    |  javascript

Comment (by afercia):

 @karmatosed @kjellr the initial design proposal in
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47145#comment:9 is not implemented
 yet. We agreed to address design changes on this ticket, if need be.

 I'd like to add a heading before the left menu. Preferably a ''visible''
 heading. I guess this requires design feedback.

 The problem I'd like to try to solve is that some sections of the media
 modal dialog are not identified by a heading. See attached screenshot
 below. For screen reader users,
 [https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/#finding headings are
 still the predominant mechanism to find information].

 Other places that would need a heading:
 - before the selects to filter attachments and the search field
 - before the "current selection" area in the bottom bar

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47610#comment:5>