[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47924: Reset password: The submit button is enabled when the password input field is empty

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 22 20:01:12 UTC 2019

#47924: Reset password: The submit button is enabled when the password input field
is empty
 Reporter:  henry.wright  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When resetting a password, the password input field is populated with a
 strong password suggestion. The submit button is enabled in this case.

 If you decide to type a weak password the submit button is disabled and a
 "Confirm use of weak password" box is shown on the form.

 If you remove the password completely so the input field is empty the
 "Confirm use of weak password" box is removed and the submit button is
 enabled again.

 I think the "Confirm use of weak password" box should be removed but I
 think the button should **remain** disabled. This will stop the user
 submitting an empty form.

 Please see the attached images.