[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47842: Site health info tab in WordPress Panel, there should be Time Zone and UTC offset.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 7 09:23:14 UTC 2019

#47842: Site health info tab in WordPress Panel, there should be Time Zone and UTC
offset.
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  artisticasad               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request            |      Status:  new
Changes (by justinahinon):

 * keywords:  needs-patch has-screenshots => has-screenshots has-patch
 * severity:  normal => minor

Comment:

 Hello @artisticasad and welcome to WordPress Core Trac.
 I also found useful to have some infos about the sites in the site health
 info panel.

 However having both (timezone and UTC offset) of them may be redundant in
 my opinion. And in some cases, WordPress is not able to get the two
 informations.

 When for instance you choose in General > Settings UTC - 6 for the
 timezone, the timezone string option (US/Eastern) for instance stay empty
 in the database. WordPress stores this timezone string in the database
 only if you choose a city for the timezone option. And it also stores the
 timezone offset that comes with the city.

 I have written a quick patch that adds the time offset line in the site
 health info panel.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47842#comment:2>