[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46793: Uploading files that the filename contains LTR and RTL characters cause filename change

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 11 13:32:52 UTC 2019

#46793: Uploading files that the filename contains LTR and RTL characters cause
filename change
--------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  VSotiris      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by mikeschroder):

 Hi @VSotiris!

 Thanks for the report! I tested this on my local environment and wasn't
 able to reproduce the bug, but when testing during today's media chat, we
 were able to see some pretty strange behavior on OSX, with it reversing
 the filename for display compared to its filename in the terminal.

 A couple questions:
 - Would you mind checking to see if the filename is as expected from the
 terminal/command line on your machine?
 - Could you please upload a test PDF to this ticket that has the problem,
 and give a few more details on which operating system and browser you're
 using so that we can try to reproduce it further?

 Thanks so much!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46793#comment:2>