[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46730: Site Health: Introduce up/down chevrons for the Passed tests button to indicate it's current state.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 9 16:27:50 UTC 2019

#46730: Site Health: Introduce up/down chevrons for the Passed tests button to
indicate it's current state.
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by garrett-eclipse):

 Thanks @xkon, a few more thoughts below;

 Replying to [comment:5 xkon]:
 > Hm, checking this on a smaller screen I do see the point that @garrett-
 eclipse is making. Apart from the scrollbar height ( which is easily
 missed ) there's no other change to indicate that something extra popped
 up underneath.

 > On the other hand while testing this on various screen sizes ( at least
 on what I have + browser tools ) I didn't find a case that I couldn't see
 the passed content as well when clicking the button as I had already
 scrolled to the end of the page, so that itself was the indicator.

 > Maybe this is a rare case of scroll/screen size/count of current issues
 that could trigger the same situation.
 Although currently the issue is presented on small screens once additional
 test are added moving the button down further it'll become an issue on
 larger and larger devices depending on the amount of issues. And in some
 cases no more tests are needed to produce this the site just needs to fail
 more tests to have more items in the top two lists.

 > Personally I wouldn't mind as well not having to click on an extra
 button to see the passed tests. I know it's meant to keep the screen
 distraction-free so we can focus on the issues at hand, but those tests
 are either way already at the end of the list so it doesn't make any major
 difference to me. Also sometimes I catch myself "needing" to push the
 Passed Tests buttons as I have to confirm that the test actually went
 there instead of just vanishing from the list, if that makes sense :D .
 I like this idea, there's no reason to hide those tests, it just adds
 another click, would be nice to just display them at the bottom.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46730#comment:6>