[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46045: Sandboxed live editing of PHP files doesn't work together with WSOD protection

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 5 19:37:39 UTC 2019

#46045: Sandboxed live editing of PHP files doesn't work together with WSOD
protection
----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90               |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by xkon):

 In case this is helpful as well even though this was closed as I kept
 seeing the same message:

 When testing with VVV or any other local setup but going via `https` (
 with the generated certs ) it will continue to show the `Unable to
 communicate back with site to check for fatal errors...` message, it works
 via `http` though (there's no need to actually change anything in the file
 as well, just hitting the Update File without any changes).

 On the other hand testing the same build on a live host with a proper ssl
 cert I'm getting the `Your PHP code changes were rolled back due to an
 error...`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46045#comment:19>