[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46045: Sandboxed live editing of PHP files doesn't work together with WSOD protection

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 4 19:39:27 UTC 2019

#46045: Sandboxed live editing of PHP files doesn't work together with WSOD
protection
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by ohiosierra):

 Am I missing a step? I don't have this issue. The plugin is paused for me,
 presumably in time to prevent the loopback request from failing.

 On a fresh install of 5.2-beta1-20190404.183103:

 1.  Created an empty plugin.

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 /*
 Plugin Name: Fatal Error plugin
 Version: .1
 break...that.
 Text Domain: fatal-error
 */
   }}}

 2. Activated the plugin.
 3. Loaded Plugins->Plugin Editor
 4. Modified the plugin to induce a fatal error

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 /*
 Plugin Name: Fatal Error plugin
 Version: .1
 break...that.
 Text Domain: fatal-error
 */

 trigger_error("Fatal error", E_USER_ERROR);
   }}}

 5. Hit "Update File"

 Result: The message, "File edited successfully." is shown. On the next
 page load, WordPress pauses the plugin. The error has been saved in the
 file and not rolled back.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46045#comment:9>