[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed Tests" section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 3 20:49:32 UTC 2019

#46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed
Tests" section
 Reporter:  pbiron                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  patch                                          |  administration
Changes (by Clorith):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots site-health has-patch commit => has-
     screenshots site-health has-patch

Comment:

 It's way too late in the cycle to start re-coding things to group by
 category and such, if that's the route we're suddenly moving towards,
 we're more likely to pull the badges completely.

 I'm also opposed to icons-only, this is a bad experience for all, for
 screen readers we can add descriptive texts, but that doesn't help me, a
 sighted person, understand the context of vague icon.

 I think badges serve a purpose, and could serve a broader purpose (think
 for example `HostPress` being used to denote that this is a host specific
 test), I'm against them being color coded to denote if a test is passed or
 not, for various reasons covered previously.

 As for only some tests having borders, I'm a bit confused, has there been
 any patches that removes the border-only code from non-passed tests, my
 latest patch here didn't differentiate, badges should be the same visually
 regardless of test states.

 I'll leave this open for some more input, but if no clear direction can be
 made on this, I say we need to pull out badges for the initial release.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46623#comment:19>