[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed Tests" section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 3 20:33:47 UTC 2019

#46623: Site Health: possible confusion with red/orange badges in the "Passed
Tests" section
 Reporter:  pbiron                               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
  patch commit                                   |  administration

Comment (by xkon):

 I'm not that much drawn into at adding only icons to be honest. If that's
 the case then we should explain somewhere what each is and I think it
 makes it even harder than what it has to be.

 --

 Can I ask something that might be even more radical (haha) ?

 If we're only using those as "categories" / "labels" or call them as you
 please, are they so much needed? Can't we just have a list with Failed /
 Passed "tests" as that's what they all are. Why do we have to distinguish
 what each is ?

 For an easy explanation why I'm thinking about this:

 **Security - Inactive plugins should be removed.** OK yes that's a common
 way of "keeping the site clean & safe" but it's not a "critical" issue
 that requires a security attention in my personal opinion. Those plugins
 might be inactive and used when needed while being fully updated to their
 latest so practically "safe".

 That being said maybe just a plain list of what needs to be looked after
 and what's already done, without labels, categories, colors, markings etc
 would be a simple & best solution? After all, less is more usually as they
 say!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46623#comment:17>