[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user presses CTRL + S

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 26 23:07:36 UTC 2018

#44986: We should save/update posts in the post.php admin screen when the user
presses CTRL + S
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Blackbam                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback => reporter-feedback needs-testing

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 Blackbam]:
 > Not sure if this is still an enhancement or a bug then? But I think we
 should make this work in all Browsers?

 Thanks for the follow-up! Sounds like a bug, I agree it should work
 consistently across browsers.

 Still can't fully reproduce it though. Tested in Chrome 69, Firefox 62,
 and Edge 42, all on Windows 10.

 Ctrl + S works as expected for me in Chrome and Firefox (saves the current
 draft). Edge appears to ignore it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44986#comment:4>