[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45002: Make Publish, Preview button stick to bottom and introduce Back to Top for Admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 26 22:03:28 UTC 2018

#45002: Make Publish, Preview button stick to bottom and introduce Back to Top for
Admin
 Reporter:  s3w47m88                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by s3w47m88):

 Replying to [comment:1 joyously]:
 > If the buttons stick to the bottom, why the need to jump to top?

 Great question. In my experience there are other reasons to jump to the
 top again than just clicking Publish and Preview. Such as to edit the
 title, or access something in the navigation.

 > I think this should stay as a plugin.

 Would you be willing to explain why you think it should remain a Plugin?
 Even in the vanilla WordPress if you have all the panels open and expanded
 this is relevant. We also aimed to make it invisible until scroll and
 consistent with WordPress UI so it was as non-invasive as possible. Also,
 if jQuery isn't the optimal implementation we're willing to recode it in
 some other way.

 Thank you for the swift reply!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45002#comment:2>