[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44818: cron: preventing duplicate events fails when the first event is too far in the past

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 5 02:59:47 UTC 2018

#44818: cron: preventing duplicate events fails when the first event is too far in
the past
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bodohugobarwich  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by peterwilsoncc):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * version:  4.9.8 => 2.7

Comment:

 > I'm not aware where the 10 Minutes Limit does come from

 It's arbitrary to ''try'' to prevent the cron array stored in the options
 table from becoming too large.

 > it adds a restriction to the functionality that a new event must be at
 least 10 min after the last event

 For this ticket, I'd rather fix the problem of being able to schedule
 within ten minutes of any identical event (first, last or somewhere in
 between) using either a loop or other appropriate array function. The
 limit has been documented and assumed to be working since version 2.7.

 @bodohugobarwich are you willing to work on a patch? You can use either
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/contribute/git/ Git] or
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/contribute/svn/ SVN] to generate
 a patch and upload it to this ticket.

 It's no problem if you don't have time, but it would be great to be able
 to give you your first props on your first ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44818#comment:8>