[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45211: Carriage Return moves focus to bottom of page; bold text removes the following space

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 27 21:13:40 UTC 2018

#45211: Carriage Return moves focus to bottom of page; bold text removes the
following space
 Reporter:  PrmyApps      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.9.8
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 After I paste formatted text into a block, I have to reinsert carriage
 returns between paragraphs. When I do this, the Gutenberg editor
 repositions focus to the bottom of the page so that I have to scroll back
 up to the insertion point.

 Also with 4.9.8 there is a new bug. If I paste in text that has a word
 that is bold or bold-italicized, then the space following the word is
 deleted. So I have to reinsert the space.

 I created a screenshot video at https://vimeo.com/297508030