[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45199: Dashboard for community events: Also show the WooCommerce Meetups (meetup.com) events when one is upcoming.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 26 14:33:52 UTC 2018

#45199: Dashboard for community events: Also show the WooCommerce Meetups
(meetup.com) events when one is upcoming.
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  uschoene         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * keywords:   => close

Comment:

 I don't think there's no need for a meta ticket.

 Since WooCommerce is a separate plugin that is not part of the
 WordPress.org open source project, we shouldn't treat it different than
 any other WordPress plugin in the repository.

 First and foremost, I would report this directly to WooCommerce. They are
 the ones organizing WooCommerce meetups and they are the ones who could
 manually filter the list of events to add their meetups.

 WooCommerce have an ideas page at http://ideas.woocommerce.com and the
 code is being developed at https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce.
 There's even more options for support though.

 If there's no suitable filter for WooCommerce to modify the list of
 events, one can always open a ticket here on Trac to request such a filter
 being added.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45199#comment:3>