[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45157: Upgrading from 4.9.9 to 5.0-alpha-43815 with Gutenberg plugin installed gets whitescreen of death

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 24 16:00:45 UTC 2018

#45157: Upgrading from 4.9.9 to 5.0-alpha-43815 with Gutenberg plugin installed
gets whitescreen of death
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  timhibberd    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by mcsf):

 Replying to [comment:8 timhibberd]:
 > I have reproduced the problem. Reproduce the following way...
 >
 > WordPress with default theme and the following plug-ins installed:
 >
 > Advanced Gutenberg, Advanced Gutenberg Blocks, Akismet Anti-Spam, Atomic
 Blocks - Gutenberg Blocks Collection, Block Options, Bokez — Awesome
 Gutenberg Blocks, Caxton, CoBlocks, Editor Blocks for Gutenberg, FooBox
 Image Lightbox, Gutenberg, Gutenberg Block Unit Test, Gutenberg
 Boilerplate, Gutenberg Custom Fields, Gutenberg Manager, Kadence Blocks -
 Gutenberg Page Builder Toolkit, Maps Block for Gutenberg, Stackable -
 Ultimate Gutenberg Blocks, WordPress Beta Tester, WP Log Viewer

 > Using the WordPress Beta Tester set to Point release nightlies update
 WordPress to 4.9.9. Then switch the WordPress Beta Tester to Bleeding edge
 nightlies and update to 5.0-alpha-43818.

 Hm, I followed your steps — the whole plugin list, plus the two-step
 upgrade to 4.9.9 then 5.0-alpha-43818, but recorded no failure or items
 logged. It's certainly an odd issue — again, thanks for the work here,
 @timhibberd.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45157#comment:12>