[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45157: Upgrading from 4.9.9 to 5.0-alpha-43815 with Gutenberg plugin installed gets whitescreen of death

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 24 11:00:18 UTC 2018

#45157: Upgrading from 4.9.9 to 5.0-alpha-43815 with Gutenberg plugin installed
gets whitescreen of death
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  timhibberd    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by timhibberd):

 Update...I am running WordPress in a Docker container so it is quick for
 me to spin one up. I just spun one up and just installed the WP Log
 Viewer, WordPress Beta Tester and Gutenberg plugins and did an upgrade to
 5.0-alpha-43815 and the upgrade went fine.

 I will spin up another WordPress container and install all the plugins I
 had installed when I encountered the upgrade WOD but this time I will
 enable logging. I'll let you know in 10 minutes if I can reproduce the WOD
 and identify the culprit from the log. Stay tuned...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45157#comment:7>