[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45088: Update package-lock.json for Mac, Linux, and Windows cross-platform compatibility

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 20 04:34:00 UTC 2018

#45088: Update package-lock.json for Mac, Linux, and Windows cross-platform
compatibility
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by netweb):

 Replying to [comment:4 swissspidy]:
 > When running `npm install` on my Mac, I see lots of changes of http URLs
 to https in `package-lock.json`. Is that happening for anyone else?

 I've not seen this issue personally, taking a quick look inside the 5.0
 branch `package-lock.json` file;
 {{{
 #!json
     "browserify-rsa": {
       "version": "4.0.1",
       "resolved": "http://registry.npmjs.org/browserify-rsa/-/browserify-
 rsa-4.0.1.tgz",
       "integrity": "sha1-IeCr+vbyApzy+vsTNWenAdQTVSQ=",
       "dev": true,
       "requires": {
         "bn.js": "^4.1.0",
         "randombytes": "^2.0.1"
       }
     },
     "browserify-sign": {
       "version": "4.0.4",
       "resolved": "https://registry.npmjs.org/browserify-sign
 /-/browserify-sign-4.0.4.tgz",
       "integrity": "sha1-qk62jl17ZYuqa/alfmMMvXqT0pg=",
       "dev": true,
       "requires": {
 }}}

 I'm going to reopen #43075 for backporting to the 5.0 branch so that
 `package.json` and `packge-lock.json` files for both Core and Gutenberg
 use the same indentation, tabs, not spaces.

 Whilst creating that patch I'll also update any `http://` instances to
 `https://`

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45088#comment:5>