[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45114: Publish posts and fire related hooks on `rest_after_insert_{$this->post_type}` for rest requests.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 17 21:51:06 UTC 2018

#45114: Publish posts and fire related hooks on
`rest_after_insert_{$this->post_type}` for rest requests.
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  peterwilsoncc  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by kadamwhite):

 While discussing this in Slack, @peterwilsoncc proposed the pseudocode
 {{{#!php
 function is_rest_request() {
    return apply_filters ('is_rest_request', false);
 }

 add_filter( 'rest_pre_dispatch', function(){
     add_filter( 'is_rest_request', '__return_true' );
 } )

 add_filter( 'rest_request_after_callbacks', function(){
     remove_filter( 'is_rest_request', '__return_true' );
 } )
 }}}

 I wonder (without having done any actual research into this) when else
 we'd need to remove that filter so that is_rest_request returns false
 again: possibly situations where we encounter an error while fulfilling
 the request (in case the request is being dispatched from within the PHP
 layer and that error is handled somehow); or if there are permissions
 failures or other changes of state during a request lifecycle.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45114#comment:1>