[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45103: Automatically load JavaScript language packs when scripts are enqueued if these exist.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 17 11:50:05 UTC 2018

#45103: Automatically load JavaScript language packs when scripts are enqueued if
these exist.
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  herregroen   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by swissspidy):

 > Because we do not know in advance which domains a script uses we should
 load all domains for which files exist, likely using `glob` to find all
 language packs for the given filename and current locale ).

 -1

 We require developers to only use exactly one text domain in their
 projects, which is the plugin/theme slug.

 If they're not following that, they're `doing_it_wrong()`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45103#comment:1>