[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39953: REST API: Do not update date when preparing post if date is known to be "floating"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 10 16:58:08 UTC 2018

#39953: REST API: Do not update date when preparing post if date is known to be
"floating"
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  jnylen0                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by kadamwhite):

 I believe this is ready but since it is not ''technically'' required for
 Gutenberg to function — merely for any other client to function the same
 as Gutenberg — per discussion with @johnbillion in Slack, I am not going
 to land it at this time. I am adding "commit" keyword so that we can
 evaluate it along with other REST API changes slated for 5.0.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39953#comment:46>