[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44671: The "Try Gutenberg" call-out needs an explicit warning for users of assistive technology users and keyboard only users to install the classic editor plugin, complete with its own heading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 8 14:04:13 UTC 2018

#44671: The "Try Gutenberg" call-out needs an explicit warning for users of
assistive technology users and keyboard only users to install the classic
editor plugin, complete with its own heading
-------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  arush        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by bemdesign):

 Possible wording we could use if this gets revisited (or some other
 notification is provided):\\ \\
 Howdy! Do you use screen readers, screen zoom utilities, or other
 accessibility tools to use WordPress? You may have noticed that the new
 WordPress editor experience (Gutenberg) may still have issues with your
 tools. We’re still working on it. If you don’t mind testing and providing
 feedback, that would be super helpful! But we totally understand if that’s
 not possible. You can install the classic editor plugin while we keep
 working on making the new editor experience better and more accessible.
 Thank you for your patience and support as we make the WordPress editor
 experience better for everyone!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44671#comment:13>