[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45290: The equivalent of `gutenberg_wpautop` from Gutenberg plugin is missing in the 5.0 beta

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 13 14:09:21 UTC 2018

#45290: The equivalent of `gutenberg_wpautop` from Gutenberg plugin is missing in
the 5.0 beta
------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  nerrad                              |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by tyxla):

 I've just noticed that we're now inadvertently omitting any `<p>` tags
 from Custom HTML blocks. To reproduce:

 * Start a post.
 * Insert a Custom HTML block.
 * Insert `<p>test</p>` in it.
 * Save the post.
 * Refresh.
 * The `<p>` is gone.

 This doesn't seem expected behavior to me. It might also affect custom
 blocks that store content potentially containing `<p>`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45290#comment:22>