[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45268: Warning: session_start() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /home/swydell20/public_html/RedTwig/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 3 10:36:44 UTC 2018

#45268: Warning: session_start() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in
/home/swydell20/public_html/RedTwig/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line
286
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  swydell       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * component:  Customize => General
 * severity:  major => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi there and welcome to WordPress Trac!

 We use this site to track bugs and enhancements to WordPress core. For
 support questions like yours please use the official forums at
 https://wordpress.org/support instead.

 WordPress core does not use PHP sessions and thus no `session_start()`.
 That means a plugin or the theme you're using does make use of
 `session_start()` in some wrong way, causing that warning.

 I recommend you to disable all plugins and switch to a default theme like
 Twenty Seventeen to see whether the issue disappears. You can then
 activate plugins again one by one to find the specific plugin that's
 causing the issue. You might then want to contact the plugin's developer
 to notify them about that issue.

 I know that the reference to a WordPress core file (`wp-includes/class-wp-
 hook.php`) can be irritating, but it doesn't actually mean it's a
 WordPress issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45268#comment:1>