[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44257: logging in with Facebook when commenting may lead to "ERROR: your url is too long"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 29 06:39:56 UTC 2018

#44257: logging in with Facebook when commenting may lead to "ERROR: your url is
too long"
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  stefantalpalaru  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments         |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
 Looks like Facebook is inserting a very long URL in the website URL field
 from the comment form - a URL which is visible by clicking the "change"
 link in "You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out /
 Change )"

 The length of that URL must vary by FB account, because I'm getting one of
 195 characters when testing, while another user got one over 200 when
 trying to comment on my wordpress.com-hosted blog, triggering the error
 message.

 I propose you raise the length limit to fix this problem.