[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44114: GDPR - Provide upload mechanism for admins to supplement the data export generated by WordPress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 16 16:52:41 UTC 2018

#44114: GDPR - Provide upload mechanism for admins to supplement the data export
generated by WordPress
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 I originally posted my idea on slack;
 "And this is probably more for GDPR v2, but is there any plans on a tool
 on the export request for admins to manually supplement the export. Just
 thinking of maybe a json upload of non-core information the admin may have
 to provide the user for the request which would get merged into the .html
 file. Basically thinking of non-dev admins who won’t know how to code with
 the filters provided but need to add more to the export. Thanks"

 I was hoping to assist the standard admin who may have data collected in
 places that aren't on-site or aren't integrated with the core tools it
 would be nice to provide them a method to supplement the core data before
 the export is sent to the user.

 In my mind an xml or json upload which follows a standard format would be
 great way to add more information to the .html data file that gets zipped
 and sent to the requester. And maybe even a way to upload other files such
 as images to be bundled in the zip.

 I understand there's filters and actions for this if you're a savvy
 admins, but often the basic admin doesn't have those skills or just wants
 to add a bit of information to that export.

 Hope that made some sense ;)
 Thanks