[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44101: GDPR Erasure Workflow - Make the Erasure Fulfilled notification admin triggered

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 15 22:59:46 UTC 2018

#44101: GDPR Erasure Workflow - Make the Erasure Fulfilled notification admin
triggered
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 This might be more for a GDPR v2, but from an admin perspective, I found
 it easy to overlook any manual actions the admin may need to do to
 properly complete an Erasure.

 With the current workflow the requester confirms, and on admin clicking
 'Erase Personal Data' the data WP knows about is removed and the user
 receives a Erasure Fulfilled notification. So is it expected the admin
 would remove any other non-WP core data before clicking that option?

 I was thinking it might be nice to have that 'Erase Personal Data' conduct
 the erasure but hold off on the fulfilled email and have that manually
 triggered by the admin once they've removed any other data. Would be nice
 if this step prompted the admin to conduct any other erasure steps that
 their process might require.

 Hoping that makes sense, I'm just feeling that currently there's no part
 in the process prompting the admin to do any other erasures that the core
 doesn't cover.

 Thank you