[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44063: Privacy policy guide: do not remove the "Suggested text has changed" bubble on saving the policy page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 13 12:21:05 UTC 2018

#44063: Privacy policy guide: do not remove the "Suggested text has changed" bubble
on saving the policy page
--------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  gdpr has-patch
  Focuses:                |
 We went through several iterations before arriving at using mostly "the
 bubble" and not showing notices/warnings when the suggested text for
 privacy policy has changed. That made it harder to figure out what's
 expected and what's updated.

 Seems we should be removing the bubble only when the Privacy Policy Guide
 screen gets loaded, and stop removing it when the privacy policy page gets
 saved/updated. This seems more logical: the bubble indicates that the
 guide has some new or updated content and the admin/site owner has to see
 it to remove the bubble.