[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43953: Seeing the `privacy policy text has changed` notice on fresh installs is confusing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 10 20:03:15 UTC 2018

#43953: Seeing the `privacy policy text has changed` notice on fresh installs is
confusing
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  iandunn         |       Owner:  iandunn
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by iandunn):

 After r43223, a bubble isn't shown on a fresh install. It will show up
 after a plugin updates a suggested policy text, though.

 Do we want to change that so that the bubble does appear on a fresh
 install? I'm not in love with that idea, but if we do want to do it, it
 might be better to wait until after we remove the admin pointer, since
 they're redundant? That would also give us more time, since we're about to
 package RC1.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43953#comment:8>