[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44035: Admin flyout submenu does not open on mouseover when changing device width in browser

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 10 11:40:03 UTC 2018

#44035: Admin flyout submenu does not open on mouseover when changing device width
in browser
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  subrataemfluence               |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus                          |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  accessibility, administration  |
-------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 On Chrome (Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)), if I switch
 to mobile view from desktop, refresh the page and then switch back to
 dekstop view, no flyout submenu is opening on mouseover.

 For example, if I hover on `Posts` menu, the flyout menu is supposed to
 appear but it is only appearing when I click on it! Which also means the
 click event does not take me to the posts list page immediately. Once I
 click on `All Posts` link, everything gets back to normal.

 OS: Ubuntu 14.04

 Steps to reproduce:

 1. Go to admin.
 2. Press Shift+Ctrl+I to reduce viewport size.
 3. Refresh the page.
 4. Press Shift+Ctrl+I again to go back to desktop view.
 5. Mouseover on Post or Pages or Appearance. Flyout menu will not appear.
 6. Click on the menu item to bring up the Flyout menu.