[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43953: Seeing the `privacy policy text has changed` notice on fresh installs is confusing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 10 08:56:09 UTC 2018

#43953: Seeing the `privacy policy text has changed` notice on fresh installs is
confusing
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  iandunn         |       Owner:  iandunn
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by azaozz):

 Yeah, the warning is confusing but it "true" :) It was devised to get the
 users to look at making a privacy policy straight away, as (most likely)
 their website is required to have one right from the start. For the same
 reason we insert a draft policy page on installing.

 This very much depends on how #43954 will turn out. If we do bubbles only,
 think this can be closed as the bubbles aren't nearly as intrusive. If we
 decide to still show a "real warning" on the update screens, still
 thinking this can be closed as it will be quite specifically related to
 updates.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43953#comment:5>