[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 9 21:36:31 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  allendav               |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by thomasplevy):

 Is it possible to add an additional var to the
 `wp_privacy_personal_data_export_file_created` action called after .zip
 file generation?

 Namely I'm looking to add expose the `$email_address` variable from the
 original export request at the top of the
 `wp_privacy_generate_personal_data_export_file()` function.

 I see that the scenario mentioned above would be to password protect the
 .zip file but I've come up with another scenario that would be immediately
 useful to my plugin (but I'm hoping would be generally useful as well).

 My plugin allows generation of downloadable certificates which likely
 contain personal information. I want to include these downloads in the
 generated export file but I do not want to put them in a publicly
 accessible directory (like a subdirectory in the uploads directory). This
 is I think fine for things like images which are already publicly
 accessible but since my plugin's certificates contain personal information
 I don't feel it wise to put them there even if they file name is obscured.

 If the email address is passed in this hook I can add the actual
 certificate files to the export very easily.

 I know it's late and the RC is closing in but I think this is a small
 addition which would have little negative consequence (that I can think of
 immediately at least.

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:76>