[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page insted of a postbox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 9 15:58:49 UTC 2018

#43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page
insted of a postbox
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by melchoyce):

 @azaozz:

 > Was able to get [copy] to work. Used the fact that "hidden" content
 cannot be copied (programmatically) from a webpage :)

 👍

 > Another TBD: I'm assuming we want the TOC position: fixed when the
 screen is wide enough.

 Yeah. Let's unfix it at 1024px to avoid mobile compatibility issues with
 `position: fixed`.

 > TBD: do we keep the left green/red borders and backgrounds for text that
 has been updated or removed?

 Let's nix them from this version. Only thing I think could be worth
 keeping is if a third party deletes their privacy policy entirely — then
 maybe underneath their section, we have a warning notice that says:

 > This [plugin/theme] deleted their privacy policy on [date]. Please get
 in touch with them directly if you have any concerns.

 Or something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 @xkon:

 > Can we add a link to the actual Settings -> Privacy page somewhere as
 well for ease of access (if not creating an extra menu item for straight
 access)?

 Yeah, can we add another line of text here once you've selected a page for
 your guide? Maybe:

 > [Edit] or [view] your privacy policy page content.
 >
 > Need help putting together your new Privacy Policy page? [Check out our
 guide] for recommendations on what content to include, along with policies
 suggested by your plugins and theme.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43980#comment:15>