[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 9 13:44:01 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  allendav               |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by johnstonphilip):

 That's fair. I just want to make sure that WP core is taking security as
 seriously as necessary here. It's my opinion that security often trumps
 usability, especially when people's sensitive personal data is involved
 and breaches are so problematic.

 We won't send a password in an email, but we will send ''all'' of a
 person's personal information. To me, that's a strange thing.

 If ya'll feel the current system is good enough, people concerned about
 the security in this can turn to plugins - that's fine.  Personally I feel
 the current system does not go far enough for the average store, which is
 why I'm speaking up here now.

 To be clear, this is not a personal attack on anyone, it's just what I
 feel is a fact.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:72>