[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 9 13:28:19 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  allendav               |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by Clorith):

 A file may be downloaded, and you can open them, but they may still be
 incomplete or corrupted in some way, this is especially true for archives
 where one file might be fine, but another might not (I'm thinking edge
 cases, I know, but it's definitely not unheard of).

 I would argue that implementing further behaviors around export downloads
 might be prime territory for plugins to enter the playing field, there's
 so many ifs and ors here for what various sites may wish to do it's not an
 easy one for us to cover it all.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:71>