[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as shortcodes/widgets/blocks

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 9 05:15:13 UTC 2018

#44013: Add Basic Access and Deletion Front-end Request Forms as
shortcodes/widgets/blocks
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by xkon):

 Providing a core way of handling this would be good imho as well but with
 1 note:

 Replying to [ticket:44013 webdevmattcrom]:
 > (no other fields are truly necessary since the confirmation emails would
 be sent automatically, and no action would happen until confirmed).

 Auto-confirmation should be made as a setting for each Admin to choose
 (either in the settings privacy screen or a flag in the form shortcode
 etc).

 Why:

 - The regulation says that you have to provide the data no later than a
 month from the receipt except if there's a tech issue of course (but I
 have no idea what counts as receipt, the day you took the request? Or the
 day you confirmed it?)

 - Some websites depending on their business background will choose extra
 means of confirmation, for example by phone first before sending the
 actual e-mail `if` that e-mail is sent eventually even. I already have 2
 websites under my care that deal with this by phone first and then asking
 for a 'written' confirmation. By making it auto-confirm without the option
 of cancelling that it might create a problem for some as they wouldn't
 expect their lists to become confirmed instantly on their admin tools
 especially when the actual export/erasure actions are not automated.

 I can't openly say why these 2 websites do it like this of course but I
 can outline the flow but you'll see that the 'confirmation' part is pretty
 much the last step:

 - Users send an email with their request adding their contact information
 (phone + email are mandatory).
 - They get contacted by phone first from the company.
 - They receive the email stating that they will receive their data in X
 time (depending the situation) by Y means (usb/email/hdd whatever else).
 - They confirm that they have read / understood the above told and that
 they asked for their data.
 - They get their data.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/44013#comment:3>