[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page insted of a postbox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 8 23:57:46 UTC 2018

#43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page
insted of a postbox
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 > Okay — maybe we should drop the copy button...

 Was able to get it to work. Used the fact that "hidden" content cannot be
 copied (programmatically) from a webpage :)

 Added the plugins and theme names to the TOC. "Introduction" and
 "WordPress" will always be at the top. It's actually pretty hard to split
 on core, plugins, theme as we only get name and text, not type. Can
 probably patch it if absolutely necessary but need to change what data we
 get from plugins and themes. Can also show "Plugins and theme" as one
 item, but not really sure it makes a difference whether the suggested
 content comes from a plugin or the theme, as long as we show the name.

 TBD: do we keep the left green/red borders and backgrounds for text that
 has been updated or removed?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43980#comment:11>