[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 8 15:49:03 UTC 2018

#43546: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to export personal data by username or
email address
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  allendav               |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by johnstonphilip):

 Is it a bad idea to have the full, publicly-available ZIP file link in an
 email? My first thought is that the direct link to the ZIP file shouldn't
 ever automatically leave/exist-outside-of a logged-in WP session.

 Perhaps I've missed security talk that already took place on this, so if I
 did I apologize. But could it be that a user has to be logged-into
 WordPress in order to get the zip file link?

 Could there also be a link in the downloaded index.html file that the user
 could click to day "I got it", which would delete the file from the server
 immediately, ahead of the cron?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43546#comment:63>