[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page insted of a postbox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 6 14:32:39 UTC 2018

#43980: Consider outputting the suggested privacy policy content to a new page
insted of a postbox
 Reporter:  azaozz        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  gdpr 2nd-opinion
  Focuses:                |
 This is a follow up from #43473.

 It became apparent that the suggested privacy policy content is quite long
 after we added the tutorial to the default WordPress text. It is too long
 to display inside of a postbox and be readable and easy to use.

 We should explore the alternative to having a postbox. Can output all
 suggested content to another page in wp-admin and add a link to it when
 editing the policy page. That way the suggested text will be much more
 accessible and easier to see and read, no matter how long it becomes after
 content from plugins and themes is added.