[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43964: "Email Data" button text - Make it more clear that an export link is sent, not the whole data?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 4 17:04:24 UTC 2018

#43964: "Email Data" button text - Make it more clear that an export link is sent,
not the whole data?
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  birgire         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  General         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  gdpr ux-feedback
  Focuses:  administration  |
 Regarding the "Email Data" button text on the ''Tools > Export Personal
 Data'' page:

 I wonder if we should make it more clear that an export link will be sent,
 not the whole data?

 On the same page we have a "Send Request" button. Should we have either
 "Send" or "Email", for consistency?

 One suggestion could be: "Send Export Link".