[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 1 11:15:40 UTC 2018

#43602: Add to the privacy tools UX a means to erase personal data by username or
email address
 Reporter:  allendav                             |       Owner:  allendav
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:52 ericdaams]:
 > @mnelson4 I'm not sure if this is the //recommended// way, but the
 approach I am taking is to have additional plugin settings that allow
 users to define what happens when data is erased.

 Yep, that's the right way to do things as we discussed in Slack few weeks
 ago. The plugins "know" what data they store and what needs erasing, and
 if the admin should be able to control what gets erased.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43602#comment:53>