[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of personal data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 23 14:02:40 UTC 2018

#43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of
personal data
 Reporter:  azaozz                               |       Owner:  mikejolley
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mikejolley):

 @allendav I actually think that would be a mistake here. We should keep
 this mechanism for the approval only, not make it into a log.

 > I'm in the middle of hooking up everything and I've gotten to the point
 where I'd like to fill a WP_List_Table with the requests and their status

 If this what we're doing, with a CPT, when the request is triggered it
 should be logged as pending, then approval should be obtained with the
 email.

 When confirmed, hook in and update the log entry. Then the log is
 independent of this mechanism.

 What we may want to add is instead a way to pass data with the action so
 when it's confirmed, the data is passed to the action. Then you could for
 example pass the log ID so it's updated :)

 Sound good?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43443#comment:17>