[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43598: site-options notoption only queried and never set in not multisite wordpress installs

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 21 10:08:36 UTC 2018

#43598: site-options notoption only queried and never set in not multisite
wordpress installs
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Grzegorz.Janoszka   |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Options, Meta APIs  |    Version:  4.9.5
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                      |
 We have notoptions mechanism that works well. WordPress core does also
 query $network_id:notoptions regardless of multiste. However, such option
 is set only in multisite installs. As a result, if you are not running
 multisite, you are only querying for $network_id:notoptions and you never
 set it. It beats the idea of notoptions - we read it, but we never set it
 - what's the point?

 Possible solutions:
 - read $network_id:notoptions only in multisite installs
 - set $network_id:notoptions also in not multisite installs