[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and video inside 'Standard' post format and pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 12 15:14:04 UTC 2018

#24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and
video inside 'Standard' post format and pages
-----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  sennza                 |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dangducthangg):

 Replying to [ticket:24449 sennza]:
 > Sometimes both clients and I will upload audio and video files through
 the media uploader and link them to Attachment Pages so that people can do
 the old right click -> Save link as... thang.

 > Currently in trunk the Link to Attachment Page in the "ATTACHMENT
 DISPLAY SETTINGS" is ignored for audio and video and the new [audio] and
 [video] shortcodes are applied no matter what is selected.

 > I can understand that this is desirable behaviour in both the Audio and
 Video post formats to reduce confusion for the user but I think it would
 be acceptable to remove those shortcodes in the Standard post format and
 for Pages (and CPTs) as well. '''i.e. Give the user some control when
 acceptable.'''

 > To reproduce this upload either an .mp3 or .mp4 through the media
 uploader in a Standard Post format or in a Page and under "ATTACHMENT
 DISPLAY SETTINGS" choose "Link To Attachment Page" and the shortcodes for
 audio and video will be apply so that MediaElement.js will be triggered.

 > I'm not sure if this is the desired behaviour so I'll tag this as a 2nd-
 opinion.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24449#comment:17>